An unusual revolver.

poorguy

Credits
Chiappa Rhino

Here's an unusual revolver which I saw at the gun range one day and actually got to shoot.

Instead of the barrel being at the top of the cylinder it is at the bottom of the cylinder an unusual design.

The firearm doesn't recoil upward as much as a normal revolver although the recoil is driven into the palm of the hand.

I ran 50 rounds of 357 magnum hand loads though it and become familiar enough with how it shot with it's 6 inch barrel to get some accurate targets.

I can't really say I would buy one but it was fun to shoot and was glad I was able to give it a try without having to purchase it.

Last edited:

Eugor

Credits
So if I understand correctly, the recoil on this was more linear, straight back, than flipping upward. correct ?

OP
poorguy

poorguy

Credits
Yes you are correct and there is upward muzzle flip but not as much and if shooting 38 specials virtually none upward flip at all.

The only real complaint I had with the gun is if your thumb is by the cylinder barrel gap you will feel it for damn sure (OUCH) however only happened to me once.

jjconstr

Credits
I certainly would not buy one unless trying it, found I liked it a lot. Too unusual. But if my accuracy improved, I might want one.

OP
poorguy

poorguy

Credits
I doubt I will or would ever buy and own one as the cost alone is a major deal breaker for me.

I've never paod more than $367.00 dollars for any firearm and doubt I'd be willing to pay what firearms cost these days simply outrageous imo.

jjconstr

Credits
Now, availability is a big issue. I finally was open to buying an AR15. I went to the gun store, largely because my son kept saying he wanted one. The store was sold out of 556 and 223. That was a deal-breaker for me. I had plenty of clubs that were not expensive.

OP
poorguy

poorguy

Credits
Yep I've heard that since all of this Cronavirus Covid19 that there's been an increase in firearms sales so I have no doubt that certain firearms are going to be hard to get for a bit.

jjconstr

Credits
There were plenty of firearms but the ammo amounted to many boxes of 40 calibre. Guess I could have gotten that and a gun to match.

OP
poorguy

poorguy

Credits
One of the reasons I started reloading my own.

I still keep a good stash of factory loaded ammo.

Top Bottom