How to get started reloading.

poorguy

Credits
Some information about how to start reloading your own ammo.
There is a slew of equipment available and many different opinions which is the best way to get started.

My suggestion is to research the equipment and start off with a basic reloading kit.

There are many different reloading manuals to choose from and there is a lot of legitimate reloading data available online.

The main thing is to learn and understand what you are doing prior to doing anything so as to have a SAFE and Successful first experience reloading your own ammo.

jjconstr

Credits
Start from low pressure loads and work your way up, watching for over pressure signs.
If using newer powder on old guns, be extra careful to start low and watch for over pressure signs.
Really old guns, especially black powder, can't use smokeless powder load data from modern manuals.
Follow warnings for double powder charge. Use a depth gauge to make sure or weigh cartridges after charge is in.
Use the data as written, don't change it to suit your materials at hand.
Even too low pressure loads can blow up a gun. If one sticks in the barrel and you don't notice it.
These are not all the precautions, but the ones I've heard about most. Read and follow the manual!

jjconstr

Credits
There is a slew of equipment available and many different opinions which is the best way to get started.

My suggestion is to research the equipment and start off with a basic reloading kit.

There are many different reloading manuals to choose from and there is a lot of legitimate reloading data available online.

The main thing is to learn and understand what you are doing prior to doing anything so as to have a SAFE and Successful first experience reloading your own ammo.

Greetngs?

Greetings! Good to see you in this neck of the woods!

Top Bottom