What is your newest acquisition ?

poorguy

Credits
Wow you got me beat.

You have some nice guns and holsters for some of them.

Last firearm I bought the Ruger P345 and that was in 2004 / 2005.

OP
Eugor

Eugor

Credits
Have, No.
Had. This was my vacation around the world of handguns. I took X amount of $, bought handguns so I could explore and enjoy. And then sold them. Only kept select ones that captured my fancy.
That way I could enjoy a variety of shooting experiences.

poorguy

Credits
I see.

I've owned a slew of different firearms over many years and sold some I wished I hadn't although it seems that's what we do for whatever the reason.

I have my favorites and doubt I'll part with any of them.

I doubt I'll buy any new firearms because I refuse to pay what firearms cost now days.

OP
Eugor

Eugor

Credits
My current complement now consists of a P89DC, 1914 Pocket pistol, P32, S&W model 36, and pre model 10, CZ99, Jerico941
I roll them out and bring new in as my whimsey dictates, and funds allow.

poorguy

Credits
I have J frames (1 x 7/8 inch barrel) and K frames (2 inch and 4 inch barrels) 38 special and 357 magnum .

I have Ruger single action and double action revolvers and a Ruger P345 .

I have a Colt Detective Special 38 special snub nose revolver and a Colt Series 80, 1991A1 Government Model 45 ACP .

I have a Marlin 30/30 lever action rifle and a Marlin 357 magnum lever action rifle .

I have several shotguns I've acquired through family inheritance double barrel shotguns and pump action shotguns.

The rifles and shotguns haven't been shot in probably 30 years they just get pulled out of the gun safe twice a year and oiled to prevent rust infection .

jjconstr

Credits
Ruger Lcp. 380 doesn't pack the punch, but is always in my pocket holster. Someday we all may prefer open carry and larger calibres. For years I carried larger 380's, but they do print.

poorguy

Credits
I owned an AMT Backup 380 Kurz briefly however it was damn hard to hold on to when fired just to little and when someone offered me what I paid for it I let it go and no regrets.

https://images.gunsinternational.com/listings_sub/acc_96/gi_100763414/-AMT-Back-Up-380-ACP-9mm-Kurz-PR33280_100763414_96_B0B42BC94A2A71F2.jpg

jjconstr

Credits
That is definitely a valid concern. I figure it is most likely to be needed very close up. muzzle rise is a problem for me when excited. Maybe it would not be if I practiced more. One firearms instructor said after 5000 rounds, he wore out the barrel of his Kel-tec 9mm. Ammo is more expensive than the gun.

poorguy

Credits
Whilst I was in firearms training a wise firearms instructor's favorite saying was "Practice Makes The Master" . (y)

OP
Eugor

Eugor

Credits
Ruger Lcp. 380 doesn't pack the punch, but is always in my pocket holster. Someday we all may prefer open carry and larger calibres. For years I carried larger 380's, but they do print.
My take is that if I use a bic pen and shove it deep into the computer, it will let the smoke out and the computer will shut down. Lights out.
I would not want to get shot with a bb gun to be honest. Just sayin

OP
Eugor

Eugor

Credits
That is definitely a valid concern. I figure it is most likely to be needed very close up. muzzle rise is a problem for me when excited. Maybe it would not be if I practiced more. One firearms instructor said after 5000 rounds, he wore out the barrel of his Kel-tec 9mm. Ammo is more expensive than the gun.
Did he contact Keltec to sentd it back ? They are a US company with an awesome warranty. They probably would have replaced and sent back at no charge

jjconstr

Credits
Did he contact Keltec to sentd it back ? They are a US company with an awesome warranty. They probably would have replaced and sent back at no charge
He didn't say, but he was carrying a different gun. I didnt think about it at the time but years later I sent a scope to Bushnell for repair and they sent back a new one. There are awesome warranties out there.

Last edited:

jjconstr

Credits
Whilst I was in firearms training a wise firearms instructor's favorite saying was "Practice Makes The Master" . (y)
That is wise. I think my instructor got this from his instructor, FrontSight, "Perfect practice makes perfect." That applies to many areas of life.

Top Bottom