What is your preferred carry ?

Eugor

Credits
I will say that mine is a keltec p32. Slips easily into my pocket in a leather wallet holster and goes wherever I do. before that I carried a ruger LCP2 which filled the same bill at the same profile. I would carry with either in a heartbeat

Last edited:

kprojects

Administrator
Staff member
Credits
I got my wife a S&W snub nose a while ago - fun gun!

For me, it's mostly the G30 in the IWB.. it's like a brick, but i know its there, lol

poorguy

Credits
I've always liked snub nose revolvers and as a child I remember always telling my Dad I was going to buy a snub nose 38 and my Dad would always chuckle.

I own several S&W snub nose revolvers and a Colt Detective Special however I seem to like the S&W snub nose revolvers over the Colt Detective Special.

I really feel that the S&W snub nose revolvers are more durable than the Colt Detective Special.

If the Ruger SP 101 didn't cost so much I'd buy one in 357 magnum with a 2x3/4 inch barrel.

Who knows I may use my stimulus check on one :p after all that would stimulate the firearms economy right. ;)

Last edited:
OP
Eugor

Eugor

Credits
I've always liked snub nose revolvers and as a child I remember always telling my Dad I was going to buy a snub nose 38 and my Dad would always chuckle.

If the Ruger SP 101 didn't cost so much I'd buy one in 357 magnum with a 2x3/4 inch barrel.

Who knows I may use my stimulus check on one :p after all that would stimulate the firearms economy right. ;)
I had an SP101 for a brief period. I liked how sleek and compact it was. And if i were younger and still 10' tall and bullet proof, I would have kept it. But my older hands and joints did not enjoy shooting it. Even with 38spl loads. It is a tank of a gun that I think would last forever just like all of the six series. It was just too hard on my hand.

Attachments

poorguy

Credits
But my older hands and joints did not enjoy shooting it. Even with 38spl loads.

It was just too hard on my hand.
Yes that's also a concern I have also is my hands are laced with carpel and arthritis which does make it hard to deal with the recoil of snub nose revolvers.

Another reason of why I haven't purchased an SP101 plus the amplification added by using 357 magnum loads. Ouch!

OP
Eugor

Eugor

Credits
It is an awesome sleek revolver though. I hated to have to let it go. It just tore me up. Not as young as I used to be. I favor 20 gage over 12 now too. I guess that make me a wuss, so to speak. I will live with that.

poorguy

Credits
It is an awesome sleek revolver though. I hated to have to let it go. It just tore me up. Not as young as I used to be. I favor 20 gage over 12 now too. I guess that make me a wuss, so to speak. I will live with that.
I agree it is a sweet little revolver and I would also hated to have to get rid of it.

I'm with ya on the not as young as I used to as I'm there myself and hands that used to be strong as hell are riddled with carpel tunnel and arthritis.

Moving from a 12 gauge to a 20 gauge doesn't make you a wuss.

You were smart enough to realize ain't no reason to make your hands take an unnecessary beating when you can caliber down and get the same results.

I'm old 67 now and and will turn 68 this year so I'm with ya on the hands not being what they used to.

Top Bottom